Give Me 20 Challenge

We've just been enjoying the great books in Sonlight P3/4. Once I got all the books together that completed the core, we started over. She's still choosing stories in any order from all the trimesters, but I'm making sure we get to all of them, one trimester at a time. We're also reading a lot of other books on our shelves - English and Spanish. I got some books on CD in Spanish from the Scholastic Book Club Leo, including a set of Clifford.

The beginning of the month started  (Pizza Hut) Book It's Give Me 20 Challenge for early childhood. It is to read at least 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week for 8 weeks. I like to do the challenge even though we read a lot more than that. We fill out the little "We Read___" cards and make a mini bulletin board with them. She likes that. 

I'm about to put in our order for P4/5 even though we are not starting it until late fall (hopefully). Prices are going up slightly come April 1, so I want to get the order in now.

My oldest daughter goes to the performing arts school, but she also wanted to get SL books. I said she could get any from the 00's cores. We only got through the Core 200 reading list and we both picked out some to purchase. I'll eventually get around to recreational reading again once my classes slow down.

Comments

  1. I hope you're enjoying the Challenge! I typically read more than 20 minutes a day also but sometimes it gets pushed aside (especially the picture books). Have you heard of the Read Aloud Revival podcast (http://amongstlovelythings.com/read-aloud-revival-the-podcast/)? Very inspirational!
    ~Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! No, I haven't heard of that; I'll have to check it out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts