Our school year, and getting ready for Christmas

Wow! I can't believe how much time has passed. It seems we are all busy, and with me it's been one thing after another. For a while I had plenty of computer troubles. Those got fixed sometime in August. This summer, my daughter met her great-grandmother for the first time, and grandma showed me how to sew! I'm so happy.

We started school this year in September, since we got back from vacation middle of July and I knew we wouldn't be ready to start in August.  We are using the math curriculum (Mundo Matematico from Puerto Rico) I bought through Santillana, and I plan to continue using it. I am also thinking I will purchase a language arts program through Santillana as well. The only thing giving me pause is the price. Right now, I'm using the 2nd grade phonics from Hampton-Brown (Canciones y cuentos), Fernandez EditoresPracticas de Ortografia 2, and an old Santillana Ortografia 1. I like the Santillana for the rules, and FE for the word lists. I've used HB since dd's K year, and this year is the end of the series (just using the workbook, and this is the first year I bought the teacher's guide and CD). Sounds like I need to do a review of that curriculum.

Our core curriculum is My Father's World, which we are enjoying. This year, we are studying an Intro to American History and learning the names of Jesus. We are thoroughly enjoying the activities and readings this year.

As far as getting ready for Christmas- hmmm. I had presents ordered and received by November 7th. Cards were sent out last Friday, except for a couple of straggling ones I need address confirmations on. I have to finish the crochet scarf for my mother-in-law that I started in May. And we need food! I'm using Flylady's Holiday Control Journal (available free on her website http://www.flylady.net) and so a lot more organized this year.

Comments

Popular Posts