CAPE Conference 2017


The Aftermath. Sounds a bit dramatic, no? Well, it wasn't.

We had a great time! We attended the homeschool showcase one evening, and the graduation ceremony the next evening. Dancer thought she might like to participate in both next year!

It had been so long since I'd been a conference, and when I went I wondered why it took so long for me to get back. It was nice to look at the curriculum and hear the speakers. We got to hear Steve Demme, Dancer's favorite math teacher. I went up to thank him and the first thing I said was, "Wow, you're tall. But then again, I'm really short." Hey, that's just the way I roll.

I also sat in on a Right Start workshop. We don't use RS, but I bought the game kit years ago for Dancer. For some reason, I couldn't figure out the games just by reading the book. The workshop explained a few of those games, and I know we'll be playing those on our game days.

I also sat in on an IEW workshop. I'd had my eye on it for a while, and I finally purchased it at the conference after talking it over with Dancer. We got it in the mail a few days ago and we'll start it once her dual enrollment class ends later this month.

We met the author of a book series that Dancer is starting to read, and got a picture with her. ----->>>

Speaking of pictures: When we went to eat lunch the second day, there was this guy that looked like Lou Diamond Phillips! Well, a really life-has-been-hard version of him anyway. I'm so bad; I took a stealthie. But, I'm not sharing because it wouldn't be right. :D

I was able to meet up with a person I had not met face-to-face yet and talked about the state of dual enrollment in her county. Funny, she was actually the friend of a friend of my retired homeschooling friend, and we came into contact because I decided to take Gymnast to a Bible Alive Theater acting class one night. Amazing how things work out.

I'm thinking I may want to go to the Fall Family Retreat later this year. I've been wanting to go for a long time, but circumstances never allowed it. We'll see what the near future has in store.


Comments

Popular Posts