Can we skip school for the rest of the year?

So, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to give placement tests for English phonics and math. Since she completely passed into the 1st grade on that test, did that mean we could stop school and just chill out until August?

Sigh, the weather is finally warming up here, and it seems too nice to be cooped up in the house. Fortunately, kindergarten only takes about an hour a day. The other day, Dancer decided to just take her work outside and finish it. Smart girl. Wish I had thought of it.

Well, after two years of being interested in plants, and a few months off to explore other science subjects, Dancer has decided on her next indepth study -- Plants. Again. She did also say she wanted to learn more about birds - species, foods, habitats, etc. - but wanted to do plants first. I've decided to go through Apologia Botany and do the notebook. The first time, I went through the book and just shared information as it came up. We checked out lots of books, and a couple of "adult" plant videos which she thoroughly enjoyed. Now that she can write better (in Spanish), I'll have her draw and write a plant notebook. I guess this means I'll need field guides in English and Spanish.

Hmmm, guess this means we're not skipping school for the rest of the year - or the summer for that matter - after all.

Comments

Popular Posts